www.epfindia.gov.in Official Website for “EPFINDIA” My EPF Balance
EPFO: Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation
Handle By: Government of India under the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation is one of the largest organization in terms of clientele and the volume of financial transactions. The board operate 3 schemes under the epfindia viz:-
- Provident Fund Scheme 1952 (EPF)
- Insurance Scheme 1976 (EDLI)
- Pension Scheme 1995 (EPS)
As world number Organisation that total assets more than 5 lakh crore as of 1st May 2013. So Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi launched universal account number for Employees covered by EPFO to enable PF number portability.
The Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme 1952 (EPF)
Benefits: Accumulation plus interest upon retirement, resignation, death. Partial withdrawals allowed for specific expenses such as house construction, higher education, marriage, illness etc.
Partial withdrawals allowed for specific expenses such as house construction, higher education, marriage, illness etc.
Nomination: Member having family can nominate any one or more of the family members as defined under the Para 2 (f) of the EPF Scheme, 1952
Download EPF India Claim Form
- For Transfer of old account to the new one: Form 13
- For financing LIC Policy: Form 14
- For final settlement by member: Form 19
- For final settlement in favour of nominee/ beneficiary of a deceased member: Form 20
- For Withdrawal in certain cases: Form 31
The Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme 1976 (EDLI)
Benefits: The benefit provided in case of death of an employee who was member of the scheme at the time of the death.
According to revised scheme payment of benefit amount to be 20 times of the wages or based on the deposit in the Provident Fund, whichever is less. With the increase in the wages ceiling from 6500/- to 15000/- from 01.09.2014, the maximum benefit amount has become 3 lakh and an additional 20% of the benefit amount calculated is also paid.
Nomination: The nomination under the EPF Scheme will be applicable for the EDLI Scheme also.
Claim Forms: For claiming Insurance Benefit by a nominee/ beneficiary in case of member’s death while in service: Form 5IF.
The Employees’ Pension Scheme 1995 (EPS)
Benefits: Monthly benefits for superannuation/ retirement, disability, survivor, widow (er), children.
Amount of pension based on average salary during the preceding 12 months from the date of exit and total years of employment.
Minimum pension on disablement.
Past service benefit to participants of erstwhile Family Pension Scheme, 1971.
Nomination: Member has to give the names of Spouse and all children in the prescribed Form. In case the member has no family, one person can be nominated. However, such nomination will become invalid once the member acquires a family.
Download EPFIndia Claim Form www.epfindia.gov.in
How to know My EPF Balance online -EPFO Balance Status
- See the pay slip check the PF Account Number and UAN Number will be there.
- Now open EPFIndia website http://www.epfindia.gov.in.
- Go to end of the page and click on “UAN SERVICES” link which take you the UAN MEMBER PORTAL.
- UAN number and password. If you do not activate UAN Number, first you must activate your UAN number.
- Open a page that contains the password after inserting the above menu option to DOWNLOAD.
- Click on DOWNLOAD options will come down to two choices-DOWNLOAD PASSBOOK, DOWNLOAD UAN CARD.
- Click on DOWNLOAD PASSBOOK. A message will be written in English, including your passbook 48 or 72 hours will be available on the same page within.
- After the deadline provided you log in, you will receive passbook, you download. Downloaded passbook Account your PF in Balance.
EPFO HEAD OFFICE
Bhavishya Nidhi Bhawan,
14, Bhikaiji Cama Place,
New Delhi – 110 066.
You may contact our helpdesk at toll free no. 1800118005 from 07:00 AM to 08:00 PM on all seven days for any query relating to UAN / KYC Services.