West Bengal Postal Circle Recruitment 2016: Direct Recruitment for Postman/MailGuard
West Bengal Post office has invited online application for filling up of 439 posts of Postman / Mailguard in the Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200 with 2000 Grade Pay. Eligible applicants may do online Registration at wbcircle.eadmissions.net OR www.indiapostwb.gov.in. Applicants are requested to open the following link to applying in West Bengal Postal Circle. Applications should be submitted online from 29.12.2015 (after 12 PM of 28.12.2015) and the last date for registration of applications is 23.59 hrs of 27.01.2016. More information regarding the WB Postal circle recruitment notice towards Direct Recruitment for Postman/MailGuard such as age limit, qualification, pays scale, exam pattern, syllabus, the general instruction to apply online etc. given below.
439 Postman/MailGuard Vacancy in West Bengal Postal Circle 2016
West Bengal Postal Circle, has the unique distinction of providing postal and mail services covering the Himalayan Mountains of Darjeeling and Sikkim, the Gangetic plains of West Bengal and the sea shores and sandy beaches of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. West Bengal Circle is under the administrative and functional control of Chief Postmaster General. Every year west Bengal postal circle fill the various posts in their west Bengal and currently WB postal circle is going to fill 439 posts of Postman / Mailguard through direct recruitment. Eligible applicants may apply online and get the govt. jobs in Post office anywhere in West Bengal. More details are provided below.
West Bengal Postal Circle Recruitment 2016 Eligibility Criteria – www.indiapostwb.gov.in
- Total Number Posts: 439 Vacancy
- Department: – West Bengal Postal Circle
Postman: 430 Posts
Kolkata GPO: 15
Barabazar HPO: 07
Alipore: 04 Posts
Central Kolkata: 31
East Kolkata: 31
North Kolkata: 31
South Kolkata: 61
North Presidency: 16
Nadia North: 07
Nadia South: 11
South Presidency: 10
North Hooghly: 10
South Hooghly: 14
A&N Islands: 01
Mailguard: 09 Posts
Kolkata RMS: 02
RMS SG: 03
RMS WB: 04
- Age Limit: 18-27 Years: For General Category (Unreserved Applicants). Age relaxation is provided to persons belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex-Servicemen Candidates as per the extant orders.
- Educational Qualification: – (1) Matriculation from a recognized Board or University
- Pay Band Rs. 5200-20200 with 2000 Grade Pay + other admissible allowances in different Postal / RMS Divisions in Department of Posts, West Bengal Circle.
- Crucial date for reckoning of age limit: – The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be as on the closing date for Online Registration of applications i.e. 27.01.2016.
- Cost of Application Form Registration: – Rs. 100/- (plus Rs. 20/- for e-payment commission) for all categories of applicants who have registered.
- Examination Fee: – The Examination fee prescribed for all male applicants in General and OBC categories is Rs. 400/-. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes / Physically Impaired / Women are exempted from payment of Examination Fee.
- Mode of Payment:- The cost of Application Form and Examination fee are already prescribed in Para No. 12 and 13 above of this notification. The applicants have to approach their nearest e-payment Post Offices (listed under the link E-payment Post Offices in the said website) and to produce Fee Payment Challan printed by him/her & to pay the FEE in CASH (INR) only. Once the fee has been paid, the Registration process is completed. The applicant can check his/her status of payment at the website http://wbcircle.eadmissions.net/ after 3 working days after payment of the fee. In a case of Non-payment, the application registered will not be considered for further process. The applicants who have registered the applications on the closing date of registration are permitted to pay the FEE till 30.01.2016.
- The pattern of Examination: The candidates shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test of the level of 10th class/matriculation covering the following subjects/topics.
Total Marks-100 (No. of PARTS with their contents will be as follows for West Bengal Postal Circle Recruitment Postman/MailGuard)
- General Knowledge (25 marks with 25 Question of one mark each) Topics: – Geography, Indian History, freedom struggle, Culture & Sports, General Polity & Constitution of India, Economics, General Science, Current Affairs & Reasoning and analytical ability of 10th Standard.
- Mathematics (25 marks with 25 Question of one mark each) Topics:- Number Systems, Computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, relationship between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentage, ratio & proportion, profit & Loss, simple interest, average, discount, partnership, time & work, time & distance, use of tables and graphs, mensuration.
- English (25 marks with 25 Question of one mark each) Topics: – Articles, prepositions, conjunctions, tenses, verbs, synonyms & antonyms, vocabulary, sentences structure, proverbs, phrases, questions from a small unseen passage etc.
- Regional Language (25 marks with 25 Question of one mark each) Topics: (for Hindi) Shabd pad, Kriyabhed, mishr & sanyukt vakya, vakyo ka rupantaran, swarsandhi, alankar, same, muhavare & lokoktiyan ashudh vakya shodhan, apathit, gadyansh. These topics shall be replicated in Regional Languages (Bengali/Nepali).
The examination will be conducted for 120 Minutes covering four parts in one day.
Each part will be for 25 marks and duration of all the parts will be for 120 minutes.
Selection is based on Divisional level merit from among the qualified candidates applied for the Division / Unit concerned.
Online Instruction to apply Direct Recruitment for Postman/MailGuard in West Bengal Postal Circle 2016
- The user needs to access the website http://wbcircle.eadmissions.net/ for seeing the detailed advertisement and apply online.
- Before starting his registration of his application on-line, the applicant should be ready with the soft copies of passport size photo (Max 100 kb, Min 2 kb, .JPG format) and signature (Max 100 kb, Min 2 kb, .JPG format) which are required to be uploaded after filling up of the inputs and uploading the application on-line.
- One applicant has to submit only one application. If more than one application is registered, it will lead to rejection of all the applications registered by the applicant.
- Now Applicant should fill the details / inputs in the On-line Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the Registration of On-line Application Form. Before Pressing the SUBMIT button, the applicants are advised to verify carefully every field / inputs mentioned in the application. Name of the Applicant or his / her father’s name etc should be spelled correctly in the application as it so appears in the Matriculation mark sheet / certificate. Any change / alteration found / detected, later on, may lead to his / her disqualification of candidature.
- Now upload the photo, signature and choose exam city.
- After successful registration, a provisional Unique Registration Number (URN) will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. The registration number along with password shall be sent to the Applicant to the given email ID and SMS to given Mobile Number in the application. The applicant has to use the registration number and password for login in into the website where he / she can generate the challan in triplicate to enable him / her to pay the fee. Applicant has to take out a printout of the system generated fee Payment Challan. Applicant has to retain this number and password for future references.
- The Applicants after successful registration of the On-line Application are advised to keep the print out of the “PREVIEW” of his Application, copy of fee challan, the receipt issued by the Post Office and Registration slip for any future reference.
Closing Date for Registration of Application: The registration of on-line application will commence on 29.12.2015 at 00:00 hrs. and closes by 27.01.2016 by 23:59 hrs.
Apply Online: http://wbcircle.eadmissions.net/NewRegistration.aspx
(List of Divisions/Units and examination city Code): http://www.ssconline2adda.com/?p=1788
List of E-payment offices: http://wbcircle.eadmissions.net/PDF_Download.aspx?a=list_of_e-payment_po_wb.pdf
Applicants may contact to authority or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org